Steel Fixer Job Description
We are looking for an experienced steel fixer to join our construction team.
The responsibilities of the steel fixer include following engineering plans, using hand and power tools, cutting and bending steel bars and mesh, and connecting rebar with wire, clips, or welds to build-up sections.
Steel Fixer Responsibilities:
- Reading and interpreting technical specifications and blueprints
- Reviewing the work area to determine the number of materials required
- Providing clients with an estimate of the work completion timelines
- Measuring and cutting steel bars correctly
- Bending and laying out steel bars, rods, and mesh as per the specifications
- Joining steel bars using fitting spacers and by welding
- Fixing steel bars and mesh by applying cement
- Preparing and pouring cement and other concrete mixes into prepared casts
- Using hand and power tools to perform daily activities
- Setting up and positioning steel bars, plates, and other steel units
- Clearing the work area before and after work
Steel Fixer Requirements:
- A completed apprenticeship in steel fixing.
- A completed "Work Safely at Heights" short course.
- An NVQ certification in steel fixing may be advantageous.
- Basic work experience in construction may be advantageous.
- A good understanding of health and safety issues.
- The ability to read and follow technical plans and drawings.
- The ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- A head for heights.
- Good physical fitness.
- Strong practical and teamwork skills.