Secondary School Teacher Job Description
[Company Name] are searching for a highly dependable and passionate secondary school teacher to join our school.
Secondary School Teacher Responsibilities:
- prepare and deliver lessons to classes of different ages and abilities
- mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils' progress and development
- Devise and write new curriculum materials
- prepare pupils for examinations
- manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
- communicate with parents and carers over pupils' progress and parents' evenings
- liaise with other professionals, such psychologists and social workers
- ·organise and participate in extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events
Secondary School Teacher Requirements:
- Degree level Qualified teacher status.
- A continued commitment to own professional development.
- Teaching experience (including training practice) within the designated age range.
- Understanding of child safeguarding issues and successful measures that promote and ensure the safeguarding of children.
- Knowledge of current legislation, guidance and developments relating to the subject area.