School Administrator Job Description
We are searching for a trustworthy and personable School Administrator to join our School.
As school administrator you will be responsible for handling all allocated tasks, answering questions and queries, understanding the school’s policies, assisting with the recruitment of new staff members, and communicating with parents, teachers, and students as required.
School Administrator Responsibilities:
- Meet and greet all visitors to the school
- Answer and direct all incoming phone calls
- Process and distribute incoming post and frank outgoing post
- Carry out general admin duties e.g. writing letters and council tax exemption letters
- Maintain the general email accounts
- Assist in the upkeep of student and staff contact records
- Order stationary and first-aid equipment
- Maintain a clean, tidy and orderly admin office
- Help maintain general order in the school e.g. clearing lost property and tidying notice board
- Manage the electronic noticeboard, updating as required
- Assist with organising meeting rooms (booking space, arranging furniture etc.).
- Write minutes for fortnightly staff meetings, monthly admin meetings, termly student staff meetings and other meetings as required.
School Administrator Requirements:
- Proven experience as a School Administrator
- Knowledge of administrative processes of schools
- Ability to use computers (e.g. MS Office) and education management systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational ability
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills