Roofer Job Description
We are looking to hire an efficient roofer to repair clients’ existing roofing systems and install new roofing systems where needed.
To succeed in this role, you should have the ability to use hand tools, such as shingle cutters and roofing hatchets, and stand on ladders and scaffolds for long hours at a time.
- Build roofs using various materials and tools
- Deliver projects within timeline
- Inspect damages and estimate costs of labour
- Repair or replace broken materials
- Remove debris from roofs to place materials
- Smoothen roof surfaces and fill in edges with cement
- Ensure roofs protect buildings from weather conditions, such as rain or snow
- Use hand tools and other equipment (e.g. scaffold, ladder)
- Follow safety rules
- Set up vapor barriers and vents
- Install insulation and solar energy systems
- Restock roofing materials, such as clay and cement
- Valid driver's license.
- Proven roofing or general construction experience.
- Working knowledge of different roofing systems.
- Sound knowledge of business ordinances.
- The ability to lift heavy materials and tools.
- The ability to use powered hand tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.