Quantity Surveyor Job Description
We are searching for a reliable quantity surveyor to join our capable team of professionals and make sure their projects progress efficiently, affordably, and safely. The quantity surveyor will have a methodical approach and superb interpersonal skills
Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Meeting clients to determine their needs and discuss any areas that need revising for price or feasibility
- Calculating material quantities and costs, labour costs and an achievable project timeframe
- Negotiating labour contracts and schedules
- Advising clients and crew on legal matters and disputes
- Monitoring subcontractors, safety practices, construction progress and material needs, including any changes which may impact costs
- Preparing labour and supplier accounts for payment
- Writing reports detailing costs and progress for clients
Quantity Surveyor Requirements:
- Construction estimating or finance experienced is advantageous.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
- A valid driver's license.
- Great networking abilities.