Purchase Ledger Job Description Template Sample
We are looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger to join our team. You will be responsible for negotiating prices with suppliers, managing inventory, and overseeing the purchasing department.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience in purchasing, excellent communication and negotiation skills, and be able to work well under pressure.
Purchase Ledger Responsibilities:
- Monitor business spending and company purchases.
- Entering payment information into the purchase ledger .
- Prepare, process and authorize payments via cheque or BACS.
- Maintain existing and create new supplier accounts.
- Calculate VAT payments and reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Assist with all purchase enquiries or disputes with vendors.
- Filing invoices and statements
- Maintain strong business relationships with suppliers.
- Reviewing procedures and systems to identify improvement opportunities.
Purchase Ledger Requirements:
- Proven experience as a purchase ledger or similar role
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with purchasing software (e.g. SAP) is a plus
- BSc degree in Business Administration or Accounting
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of a Purchase Ledger?
Purchase Ledger jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £24,485 per annum. The salary can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills should I look for in the CV of a Purchase Ledger?
When looking to hire a Purchase Ledger, employers will look for the following skills in a candidate's CV: Excellent communication and negotiation skills, Ability to work well under pressure, Strong organisational and time management skills, Analytical and detail-oriented and finaly Familiarity with purchasing software
What other similar job description samples are there for a Purchase Ledger?
Other similar job description samples include; Accounts Payable Clerk and Accounts Receivable Clerk