Project Accountant Job Description Template Sample
We are looking for an experienced Project Accountant to manage all aspects of our project accounting process. The Project Accountant will be responsible for creating and maintaining accurate financial records for our projects, as well as providing insights and recommendations to management on ways to improve project profitability.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong background in accounting and finance, as well as experience working on projects
Project Accountant Responsibilities:
- Maintain records, including contracts and change orders
- Authorize the transfer of expenses in and out of accounts
- Review and approve invoices
- Review and approve employee time sheets
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
- Report project profitability to management
- Create or approve all project-related billings to customers
- Respond to enquiries from customers
- Close project accounts upon project completion
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects
- Compile reports for internal and external auditors, as required
Project Accountant Requirements:
- Degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an accounting role
- Experience working on projects
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and other accounting software programs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of a Project Accountant?
Payroll Specialist jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £44,985 per annum. The salary can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills should I look for in the CV of a Project Accountant?
When looking to hire a Project Accountant, employers will look for candidates with a degree in accounting, finance, or a related field. Furthermore, they will seek out those with 3 years' experience in an accounting role and experience working on projects. The ideal candidate will also be proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and other accounting software programs. Finally, Project Accountants should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a great attention to detail.
What other similar job description samples are there for a Project Accountant?
Other similar job description samples include; Accountant, Payroll Specialist, and Accounts Receivable Clerk.