Payroll Specialist Job Description Template Sample
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to manage our company's payroll. You will be responsible for calculating wages, managing employee records, and administering benefits. In order to be successful in this role, you should have experience with payroll software and be able to handle sensitive employee information with confidentiality.
Payroll Specialist Responsibilities:
- Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses etc.
- Authorize payments when needed
- Prepare and distribute paychecks
- Administer statements of payment to personnel either electronically or on paper
- Process taxes and payment of employee benefits
- Keep track of hourly rates, salaries, and other data.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees
- Prepare reports for finance department
Payroll Specialist Requirements:
- Previous experience working as a Payroll Specialist.
- Advanced Mathematical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with payroll software including Quickbooks and Sage
- Familiarity with accounting software and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare and present financial reports.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of a Payroll Specialist?
Payroll Specialist jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £29,270 per annum. The salary can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills should I look for in the CV of a Payroll Specialist?
When looking to hire a Payroll Specialist, you should look for someone with previous experience working in payroll, advanced mathematical skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to handle confidential information.
What other similar job description samples are there for a Payroll Specialist?
Other similar job description samples include; Payroll Manager, Payroll Coordinator, and Payroll Administrator.