Payroll Officer Job description Template sample
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Officer to manage our company's payroll system. The Payroll Officer will be responsible for ensuring that all employees are paid accurately and on time. They will also be responsible for keeping accurate records of employee hours worked and vacation days taken.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience working with payroll software, and will be able to quickly resolve any issues that may arise. They will also be able to maintain a high level of accuracy when processing payroll.
If you are a detail-oriented individual with experience working in payroll, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Payroll Officer Responsibilities:
- Preparing employee payslips using payroll software.
- Scheduling electronic payments and handing out payslips.
- Preparing payroll reports.
- Collecting daily, weekly, and monthly employee time sheets.
- Calculating employee work hours.
- Calculating employee benefits and deductions.
- Responding to employee enquiries regarding taxes, benefits, and deductions.
- Entering new employee data into the company database.
Payroll Officer Requirements:
- Previous experience working as a Payroll Officer.
- Advanced Mathematical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with payroll software including Quickbooks and Sage
- Familiarity with accounting software and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare and present financial reports.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of a Payroll Officer?
Payroll Officer jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £28,750 per annum. The salary can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills should I look for in the CV of a Payroll Officer?
When looking to hire a Payroll Officer, employers will often look for candidates with previous experience working in payroll. They will also look for candidates with advanced mathematical skills and strong attention to detail. Candidates should also be proficient with payroll software, including Quickbooks and Sage. Finally, employers will often look for candidates who have the ability to prepare and present financial reports.
What other similar job description samples are there for a Payroll Officer?
Other similar job description samples include; Payroll Coordinator, Payroll Administrator, and Payroll Clerk.