Payroll Manager Job Description Template Sample
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Manager to lead and oversee the payroll function in our company. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the payroll team, ensuring that all payroll processes are carried out accurately and on time. You will also be responsible for working with HR to ensure that employee data is accurate and up to date, and for liaising with external partners such as pension providers and tax authorities.
As Payroll Manager, you will need to have extensive experience in managing payroll processes and teams. You will also need to be well-organised and detail-oriented, with a high level of accuracy. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also essential in this role, as you will be dealing with employees at all levels of the organisation.
Payroll Manager Responsibilities:
- Arrange weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports.
- Supervise and direct payroll team.
- Ensure payroll is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review payroll policies and amend procedures when required.
- Oversee the preparation of payroll related documents.
- Organise current employee data systems.
- Maintain accurate account balances.
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements and support internal and external audits related as such.
- Resolve issues relating to payroll
- Assist in the development of the payroll team
Payroll Manager Requirements:
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Proven experience as a Payroll Manager or similar role.
- Extensive experience in managing payroll processes and teams.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of a Payroll Manager?
Payroll Manager jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £36,700 per annum. The salary can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills should I look for in the CV of a Payroll Manager?
When looking to hire a Payroll Manager, employers will look for a CV that demonstrates extensive experience in managing payroll processes and teams. A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is also essential, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills.
What other similar job description samples are there for a Payroll Manager?
Other similar job description samples include; Payroll Officer