Payroll Clerk Job Description Template Sample
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Clerk to join our team. As a Payroll Clerk, you will be responsible for processing payroll for our employees. This includes calculating wages, withholding taxes and other deductions, and issuing payments. You will also be responsible for maintaining employee records and ensuring that all payroll deadlines are met.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience with payroll software and be well-organised.
Payroll Clerk Responsibilities:
- Processing payroll for our employees
- Entering employee information and payroll data into the system.
- Calculating payable hours and deductions.
- Issuing statements detailing earnings and deductions.
- Investigating and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Maintaining and updating payroll records.
- Preparing payroll reports.
Payroll Clerk Requirements:
- Previous experience as a payroll clerk
- Experience with payroll software.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of a Payroll Clerk?
Payroll Clerk jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £24,480 per annum. The salary can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills should I look for in the CV of a Payroll Clerk?
When looking to hire a Payroll Clerk, employers will typically look for candidates with experience in payroll software and strong organisation skills. Payroll Clerks should also be detail-oriented and able to work independently to meet deadlines.
What other similar job description samples are there for a Payroll Clerk?
Other similar job description samples include; Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, and Bookkeeper.