Payroll Assistant Job Description Template Sample
We are looking for an experienced payroll assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will have experience working in a payroll department and will be responsible for processing weekly and monthly payrolls. They will also be responsible for resolving any payroll queries that arise and liaising with HMRC as necessary.
The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, be highly organised and have the ability to work to tight deadlines. They will also be a good team player and have excellent communication skills.
Payroll Assistant Responsibilities
- Calculate pay according to hours worked incorporating leaves and overtime
- Make direct deposits through bank payment system
- Issues statements and invoices and maintain records
- Update paper and electronic payroll records
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll
- Prepare and submit reports with payroll information to supervisor
Payroll Assistant Requirements:
- Previous experience as a payroll assistant or similar
- Previous experience working with a payroll system
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of a Payroll Assistant?
Payroll Assistant jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £24,400 per annum. The salary can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills should I look for in the CV of a Payroll Assistant?
When looking to hire a Payroll Assistant, employers will typically look for candidates with experience working in a payroll department and processing payrolls. They will also look for candidates with excellent attention to detail, good organisation skills and the ability to work to deadlines. Strong communication skills are also important, as the Payroll Assistant may be required to liaise with HMRC and resolve any payroll queries that arise.
What other similar job description samples are there for a Payroll Assistant?
Other similar job description samples include; Payroll Clerk, Payroll Officer, and Payroll Manager.