Payroll Accountant Job Description Template Sample
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Accountant to join our team. As a Payroll Accountant, you will be responsible for processing payroll for our employees. This includes calculating wages and deductions. You will also prepare reports and reconcile payroll accounts.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience with payroll software and be able to handle confidential information with discretion.
Payroll Accountant Responsibilities
- Oversee employee payroll processes
- Calculate wages and deductions
- Prepare payroll reports and reconcile accounts
- Ensure compliance with payroll tax regulations
- Ensure payroll and tax documents are accurate
- Update general ledger and payroll files
- Prepare accounting files, records, and schedules
- Monitor paid and unpaid leaves
- Process overtime earnings or holiday deductions
- Participate in payroll audits
Payroll Accountant Requirements:
- Experience with payroll software
- Strong understanding of payroll tax regulations
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to handle confidential information discreetly
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of a Payroll Accountant?
Payroll Accountant jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £35,200 per annum. The salary can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills should I look for in the CV of a Payroll Accountant?
When looking for a Payroll Accountant, employers will typically look for candidates with experience in payroll software and a strong understanding of payroll tax regulations. It is also important that the Payroll Accountant has high levels of accuracy and attention to detail, as well as being able to handle confidential information discreetly. Excellent mathematical skills, strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, effective communication and interpersonal skills are also key.
What other similar job description samples are there for a Payroll Accountant?
Other similar job description samples include; Payroll Administrator, Payroll Assistant and Payroll Manager.