Pastry Chef Job Description
Pastry Chef Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative pastry chef to be responsible for crafting delicious desserts and confectionery and developing new recipes for the pastry section of our kitchen.
Pastry Chef Responsibilities:
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, pies, bread etc.
- Create new and exciting desserts
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Supervise and motivate pastry assistants
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Maintain cooking stations and adhere to health and safety standards
Pastry Chef Requirements:
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking, or relevant field.
- 2 or more years’ experience working within the food industry as a Pastry Chef, Baker, or relevant role.
- Working knowledge of baking techniques and the pastry-making process.
- Creative ability with artistic skill in decorating cakes and other desserts.
- Keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and nutrition.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, production environment.