Optician Job Description
We are looking for an optician to work with our customers to find the most suitable eyewear for their needs. The optician will recommend specific eyewear, take measurements, fit and adjust glasses, and teach customers to properly wear and care for their glasses or contact lenses.
As an optician, you should have strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills and be able to recommend specialized eyewear such as for sports and occupational use.
- Taking measurements from customers for glasses and contact lenses
- Advising customers about the benefits and drawbacks of glasses and contact lenses
- Informing customers about different frame options
- Guiding customers on how to care for their glasses or contact lenses
- Ordering lenses from prescription laboratories
- Adjusting the frames of glasses to fit correctly on customers’ faces
- Referring customers to Optometrists and Ophthalmologists for follow-up treatments as required
- Managing inventory of frames and contact lenses to ensure optimum customer satisfaction and product variety
- An associate's degree or certification in opticianry.
- The ability to operate specialized equipment.
- Excellent customer service and sales ability.