Midwife Job Description
We are looking for an experienced midwife to guide patients through their pregnancies and deliver their babies. The midwife's responsibilities include identifying high-risk pregnancies, mentoring student midwives and provide follow-up care to patients after labour.
- examining and monitoring pregnant women
- assessing care requirements and writing care plans
- undertaking antenatal care in hospitals, homes and GP practices
- carrying out screening tests
- providing information, emotional support and reassurance to women and their partners
- taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
- caring for and assisting women in labour
- monitoring and administering medication, injections and intravenous infusions during labour
- monitoring the foetus during labour
- advising about and supporting parents in the daily care of their newborn babies
- helping parents to cope with miscarriage, termination, stillbirth and neonatal death
- writing records
- tutoring student midwives
- identifying high-risk pregnancies
- liaise with agencies and other health and social care professionals to ensure continuity of care
- Degree in midwifery or related field.
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Proven experience working as a midwife.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and clinical assessment skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Patient and compassionate.