Medical Director Job Description
We are looking for a dedicated medical director to ensure the efficient operation of our healthcare facility.
As medical director, you should be dedicated to promoting the trust and professionalism of our facility within the community. You should have good managerial and organizational skills, as well as excellent medical knowledge and training.
Medical Director Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Overseeing the activities of a group of Physicians, including the credential and recruitment processes
- Showing positive interpersonal relations in dealing with supervisors and fellow employees
- Participating in various administrative and clinical staff meetings
- Managing the number of activities related to the delivery of clinical services and medical care, such as utilisation review, cost management, medical protocol development and quality assurance
- Acting as the medical expert in dealing with non-medical facilities and vendors that work within the organisation
- Working directly with providers to train them on the care processes and determine what must be done to improve overall care quality
Medical Director Requirements:
- A Medical degree and board certification in family medicine, emergency care, or occupational health.
- A license and certification to practice medicine.
- Ten or more years' experience in clinical medicine.
- Five or more years' experience in hospital administration.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Good computer and electronic record skills.
- Excellent managerial and organizational skills.