Marine Engineer Job Description
We are looking for a marine engineer to manage the development of multiple maritime projects.
As marine engineer, you should possess a strong aptitude for design, excellent project management skills and the ability to supervise all aspects of maritime engineering.
Marine Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine equipment.
- Conduct analytical, environmental, operational, or performance studies in order to develop designs for products, such as marine engines, equipment, and structures.
- Prepare, or direct the preparation of, product or system layouts and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Evaluate operation of marine equipment during acceptance testing and shakedown cruises.
- Analyse data in order to determine feasibility of product proposals.
- Confer with research personnel in order to clarify or resolve problems, and to develop or modify designs.
- Investigate and observe tests on machinery and equipment for compliance with standards.
- Conduct environmental, operational, or performance tests on marine machinery and equipment.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted, as well as sequences and phases of test operations.
- Maintain and coordinate repair of marine machinery and equipment for installation on vessels.
- Inspect marine equipment and machinery in order to draw up work requests and job specifications.
- Review work requests, and compare them with previous work completed on ships in order to ensure that costs are economically sound.
- Prepare technical reports for use by engineering, management, or sales personnel.
- Maintain contact with, and formulate reports for, contractors and clients in order to ensure completion of work at minimum cost.
Marine Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in marine engineering or similar.
- A minimum of four years' experience as a marine engineer or similar.
- Experience with engineering design software such as AutoCAD, Rhino 3D, and SOLIDWORKS.
- Sound knowledge of maritime software
- Experience with a variety of engineering processes including mechanical, electrical, and software.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.