Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Hours: Full-time
Are you an experienced Maintenance Engineer looking for a new challenge? Our client is seeking a skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their team in Oldbury.
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will be an integral part of the Maintenance team. Your responsibilities will include maintaining, repairing, cleaning, and oiling static plant machinery such as conveyors, hydraulic presses, and industrial sewing machinery.
- Provide maintenance for all in-house machinery in the production environment, encompassing planned and preventative maintenance.
- Diagnose faults and respond to support requests to ensure uninterrupted production.
- Conduct routine maintenance, system checks, and assist in reordering used parts while the production line is operational.
- Perform defined checks at regular intervals to ensure machinery safety and compliance.
- Engage in various maintenance tasks around the site, contributing to the overall improvement of the Factory environment.
The Ideal Candidate: Essential Skills/Experience:
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Quick learner with the ability to understand new systems and electronics.
- Electrical and mechanical proficiency, including a good understanding of mechanical components and wiring.
- Solid DIY and Technician skills, capable of disassembling and reassembling complex devices.
- Knowledge of electronics and PLC fault finding experience.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Maintenance experience with equipment like sewing machines, motors, conveyors, belts, etc.
- Welding, soldering, and fabrication skills.
- Understanding of bearings and motion systems, along with maintenance practices.
- Level 3 17th, 18th, or 19th edition qualifications.
If you possess the skills and experience mentioned above and are ready for an exciting challenge, apply now to explore this fantastic opportunity. Join us in enhancing your career and contributing to the success of our client's operations.