Internal Auditor Job Description Template Sample
We are looking for an experienced Internal Auditor to join our team. As an Internal Auditor, you will be responsible for conducting financial and operational audits of our company. You will also be responsible for assessing our compliance with internal policies and procedures.
In order to be successful in this role, you should have experience in auditing and be familiar with financial and accounting principles. You should also be able to work independently and be detail-oriented.
Internal Auditor Responsibilities:
- Perform and control the full audit cycle
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
Internal Auditor Requirements:
- Degree in internal auditing, financial accounting or financial management (essential).
- Two years of work experience in an internal audit environment.
- Exceptional accounting skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of an Internal Auditor?
Internal Auditor jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £40,000. The salary can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills should I look for in the CV of an Internal Auditor?
When looking for an Internal Auditor, employers will look for candidates with experience in auditing and accounting. They will also look for strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Candidates should also be able to work independently and have strong attention to detail.
What other similar job description samples are there for an Internal Auditor?
Other similar job description samples include; External Auditor and Auditor.