History Teacher Job Description
We are searching for a highly dependable history teacher to join our faculty.
To be successful as a history teacher, you should be tolerant of different opinions and be able to create a learning environment where students respect each other. Outstanding candidates should be approachable, caring, and able to convey their passion of history to students.
History Teacher Responsibilities:
- To ensure the highest standards of learning and teaching, learner attainment and progress across the Department
- To undertake whole school duties as may be reasonably determined by the principal
- To develop learners within a specialist subject area
- To differentiate learning tasks to ensure all learners within a group make progress in every
- liaising with Special Support Assistants as necessary and effectively deploying additional support in the classroom
- To regularly assess learners work and give appropriate feedback
- To attend and participate in Parent and Open Evenings as required
- To be a Form Mentor
- To adhere to the school policies regarding Health and Safety
History Teacher Requirements:
- Degree or equivalent in History related subject
- A passion for history and the ability to inspire students.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to engage with young people and develop lesson plans that resonate with them.