Health & Safety Officer (Construction)
We are looking to employ a qualified and competent Health & safety officer who will be responsible for the health and safety of staff onsite. The safety officer will maintain compliance with all safety regulations and ensure that every member of staff complies with the regulated standards.
Health & Safety Officer Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation of a construction health and safety plan
- Confirm necessary documentation was submitted to the relevant authorities
- Attend project planning meetings
- Attend regular site, technical and progress meetings
- Facilitate site health and safety meetings
- Identification of the hazards and risks relevant to the construction project through regular coordinated site inspections
- Establish and maintain health and safety communication structures and systems, distribution of health and safety specific documents to sub-contractors
- Compiling project specific emergency response and preparedness plans
- Testing the effectiveness of the emergency response plans
- Conduct site safety inductions
- Evaluate the levels of compliance of subcontractors to the project specific health and safety plan and client specifications through inspections and audits
- Oversee the reporting and investigation of project related incidents
- Oversee the maintenance of all records
- Review and update the health and safety plan
Health & Safety Officer Requirements:
- Registration as a Health and Safety Officer.
- Strong communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in this position.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Applications.