Head cook Job Description
We are looking for an experienced head cook to take charge of kitchen operations, including leading the staff in all matters related to food preparation.
As head cook, you will be required to ensure that there are adequate food supplies, to plan the menu, and to see that the kitchen and equipment are kept immaculate at all times.
Head Cook Job Responsibilities:
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations
- Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the customer
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- hire, manage and train kitchen staff
- Estimate staff’s workload
- Maintain records of payroll and attendance
- Comply with health and safety standards
Head Cook Requirements:
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a head cook.
- Knowledge of culinary trends.
- A proven ability to create unique and delicious dishes.
- The ability to multitask and cope in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.