Geotechnical Engineer Job Description
We are searching for a geotechnical engineer to assist us with selecting desirable construction sites.
Ultimately, you'll support design and construction by carrying out testing and analysis to assess risk to humans and the environment.
Geotechnical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Developing a strategic investigation plan for the site.
- Performing the geotechnical investigation as per the plan.
- Collecting samples such as rock, sand, and similar substances from the site.
- Analysing the ground stress which includes capacity and stress levels.
- Executing tests on the samples and noting down the contamination values.
- Designing the projects based on the investigation performed.
- Creating 2D and 3D models using computer applications.
- Taking care of geological hazards while planning the project.
- Setting budget and time constraints on ground investigations.
- Assigning tasks to Geologists, Geotech Engineers, and other fellow consultants.
- Suggesting necessary changes in the project as and when required.
- Preserving nature and protecting the environment.
- Performing basic administrative tasks if required.
- Approving plans designed by other geological Engineers.
Geotechnical Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in geotechnical engineering.
- Demonstrable experience as a geotechnical engineer.
- Expertise in geology, climatology, chemistry, and mathematics.
- Refined sample extraction and transportation skills.
- Well-honed and updated laboratory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities.