Document Controller Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Document Controller to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management, organisation and control of all project documents.
Document Controller Responsibilities:
- Manage, organise and control all project documents (including but not limited to drawings, specifications, reports, correspondence) in accordance with the project document management procedures
- Ensure that all project documents are properly indexed and filed
- Monitor the progress of document production and distribution
- Prepare reports on the status of project documents
- Assist in the development and implementation of document control procedures
- Liaise with project stakeholders to ensure that they have the latest versions of all relevant documents
Document Controller Requirements:
- Proven experience as a Document Controller or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of document control procedures
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and document management software (e.g. SharePoint)
- Highly detail-oriented and able to work independently
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
Frequently Asked Questions:
What does a Document Controller do?
A Document Controller is responsible for managing, organising and controlling all project documents. This includes drafting, copying, filing and distributing documents as required.
What skills are required to be a Document Controller?
To be a successful Document Controller, you must have strong organisational and time management skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. You must also be proficient in the use of MS Office and document management software. Additionally, you must be detail-oriented and have strong interpersonal skills.
What other similar job descriptions are available in this field?
Other similar job descriptions include; Document Processing Specialist and Document Clerk.