District Nurse Job Description
We are searching for a reliable and compassionate district nurse to join our team.
As district nurse, you will be responsible for offering complex care and advice to some of the most vulnerable patients in the community. You’ll look after people with long-term health conditions, physical disabilities and terminal illnesses, as well as those who are temporarily incapacitated or who have just left inpatient care.
District Nurse Responsibilities:
- Traveling to patients’ homes and managing their care plans
- Administering medication and insulin, and completing blood pressure, glucose, urine, and stool tests.
- Setting up intravenous drips
- Inspecting wounds, changing dressings, and handling personal hygiene.
- Testing for bedsores and any signs of infection.
- Listening to the concerns of family members and answering their questions.
- Collaborating with doctors and other healthcare professionals to develop improved diets and healthcare plans for patients.
- Assist in the supervision of junior qualified and support staff, identifying development needs and teaching in clinical environment.
District Nurse Requirements:
- Registered nurse
- Experience managing a district Nurse Caseload
- Varied clinical experience
- Hold a full driving licence
- Have access to a vehicle