Director of engineering job description
We are seeking a director of engineering with an active-oriented mindset and a focus on exceeding expectations.
As a Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for the development and completion of projects and you will lead our engineering department.
To be successful as a director of engineering, you should have exceptional leadership, communication, and project management skills and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others.
Director of Engineering Responsibilities:
- Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Implement innovative technologies
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
Director of Engineering Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Director of Engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Super leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to motivate others