Director Of Development Job Description
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic director of development to secure financial support for our organization.
The successful applicant will build lasting relationships with donors, and keep them informed on how their financial input is making the world a better place. Preferred candidates will be self-motived, deadline-driven multitaskers.
Director of Development Responsibilities:
- Implement and execute annual fundraising plan to meet fundraising goals.
- Manage portfolio of donors.
- Provide leadership to development team.
- Prepare and present regular reports on progress towards fundraising goals.
- Plan and execute special events.
- Manage grant writing and identification of new grant opportunities.
- Generate donor communications, newsletters, and annual report.
- Assist in creation of print, digital and social media content.
- Network and maintain regular correspondence with donors.
Director of Development Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, non-profit management, or related field.
- 4+ years of sales or business development experience.
- Proficient with sponsorship solicitation.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Proficient with MS Office applications and CRMs.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently.