Desktop Support Engineer Job Description
We are looking to hire a skilled desktop support engineer to assist our customers with computer hardware and software issues such as hardware installations, software upgrades, systems integrations, and basic IT-related issues.
As a desktop support engineer, you should have extensive knowledge of home and office systems, good problem-solving skills, and high-level interpersonal skills.
Desktop Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Address customer issues regarding hardware, software and networking
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions
- Conduct remote troubleshooting
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Report customer feedback and potential product requests
Desktop Support Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in computer science or information technology.
- Proven work experience as a desktop support engineer or support technician.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware systems, chipsets, memory modules, and peripherals.
- Knowledge of popular operating systems, software applications, and remote connection systems.
- Ability to solve complex hardware and software issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.