Debt Collector Job Description
[company name] are searching for a debt collector to oversee the prompt receipt of clients' overdue payments.
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
- Handle questions or complaints
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues
- Update account status and database regularly
- Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable
- Demonstrable history of gainful debt collection experience.
- Familiar with debt-related legal provisions.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Apt in negotiating and persuading