Database Engineer Job Description
We are seeking a database engineer to help optimize the performance of our organization's databases.
As a database engineer, you will be enhancing our data storage capacity, writing new support programs and scripts, and troubleshooting database code.
Database Engineer Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and enhancing the performance of existing database programs.
- Identifying, designing and implementing internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
- Monitoring databases and related systems to ensure optimized performance.
- Assembling large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements
- Reviewing database and user reports, as well as system information.
- Performing debugging procedures on database scripts and programs, as well as resolving conflicts.
- Mentoring database administrators and providing them with technical support.
- Documenting processes related to database design, configuration, and performance.
Database Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in information systems, information technology, computer science, or similar.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in database engineering.
- Ability to build and optimize data sets, ‘big data’ data pipelines and architectures
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on external and internal processes
- Excellent analytic skills associated with working on unstructured datasets
- Ability to build processes that support data transformation, workload management, data structures, dependency and metadata
- Extensive experience with database technologies and architecture.
- Sound knowledge of best practices in database engineering and data security.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.