Database Developer Job Description
We are searching for an innovative, tech-savvy database developer to create and maintain storage frameworks.
As the database developer, you should elucidate the intended use of each database, proceed to design appropriate solutions, and then ensure the rollout of these systems. You should also be available to address queries related to the use of each database.
Database Developer Responsibilities:
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Develop technical and training manuals
- Provide data management support to users
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements
- Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols
Database Developer Requirements:
- Degree in information technology, computer science, or an adjacent field.
- Demonstrable experience as a database developer.
- Portfolio of previous developments is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, C++, or Java, with a preference for more than one of these.
- Exceptional critical thinking and troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to craft detailed technical manuals.