Database Administrator Job Description
We are seeking to hire a technically skilled database administrator that can hold positions of great responsibility.
As a database administrator, you should be an excellent problem-solver and communicator that is fluent in most data manipulation languages.
Database Administrator Responsibilities:
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
Database Administrator Requirements:
- Degree in computer science or a related field.
- Advanced certification as an MCDBA or MCSD for .NET is advantageous.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a database administrator.
- Proficiency in data manipulation languages, including MS SQL, Oracle Database, Hadoop, or PostgreSQL.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and responsible.
- Capable of working under pressure.