Data Scientist Job Description
We are looking to hire a creative data scientist to address data analytics challenges in our organization.
As a data scientist, you need to be curious, creative, and tech-savvy. You need to stay up to date with data programming software and apps, have an outstanding understanding of statistics and mathematics and be proficient in writing algorithms.
Data Scientist Responsibilities:
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modelling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
Data Scientist Requirements:
- A MSc or PhD degree in applied mathematics or statistics.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Experience using data visualization tools.
- Experience with data querying languages, and statistical or mathematical software.
- Proficient in writing algorithms, and knowing when to apply them.
- Outstanding communication skills.