Data Centre Technician Job Description
We are looking for a highly skilled data centre technician to ensure that our data servers and network perform optimally.
As a data centre technician, you should exhibit extensive experience in ensuring optimal efficiency of data centre infrastructure.
Data Centre Technician Responsibilities:
- Protect important information by performing backup on all critical systems
- Carry out system administration tasks such as software installation/updates, security patches, and hardware maintenance
- Monitor customer network servers and storage systems to ensure uptime and efficient resolution of issues
- Assist senior level engineers in designing/modifying network systems and application infrastructure
- Develop standards and procedures for carrying out systems and network operations
- Perform basic repair of damaged or faulty equipment and devices
- Maintain records of all system administration operations and present reports to superiors
- Oversee the running of data cables during the installation of new equipment
- Conduct preventative maintenance on data centre equipment to ensure efficient operations
- Listen to customer complaints and assist them in the resolution of technical issues
Data Centre Technician Requirements:
- Degree in computer science, information technology, or similar.
- CompTIA ServerPlus, CompTIA Network, or CCNP certification would be advantageous.
- 2-3 years of experience as a data centre technician, or similar.
- In-depth knowledge of data centre environments, servers, and network equipment.
- Extensive experience in installing, monitoring, and maintaining data centre equipment.
- Exceptional ability to work as part of a team, provide IT support, and resolve errors.
- Ability to keep up with advancements in data centre infrastructure and technologies.
- Proficiency in documenting network processes.