Data Analyst Job Description
We are looking to hire a data analyst to join our data team. You will be responsible for managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues.
Data Analyst Responsibilities:
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Data Analyst Requirements:
- Degree from an accredited university or college in computer science.
- Work experience as a data analyst or in a related field.
- Ability to analyse existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.