CTO Job Description
We are seeking a highly-skilled CTO with a storied history in the technological sector.
You will work directly under the CEO and will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of the company.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Help departments use technology profitably
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field (master’s degree preferred).
- Previous experience as a CTO, director, or similar leadership role.
- Prior experience as a senior engineering leader overseeing architecture and engineering for enterprise-wide technology platforms and leading SaaS technology platforms.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques, and industry trends.
- Experience leading complex, major changes and initiatives; demonstrated skills in change management on an organizational and interpersonal level; experience with integrating teams across multiple business units and managing a geographically dispersed workforce.
- Experience designing and managing an effective IT governance framework across the spectrum of IT service delivery.