Credit Officer Job Description
[Company Name] are looking for a credit officer to join our company. In this role, your duties will include approving or denying loan requests based on your financial calculations.
Ultimately, you will help our clients acquire loans in a timely manner, while ensuring we comply with the law.
Credit Officer Job Responsibilities:
- Review loan requests
- Assess clients’ financial status
- Evaluate creditworthiness and risks
- Contact clients to gather financial data and documentation
- Analyse risks and approve or reject loan requests
- Calculate financial ratios
- Set up payment plans
- Maintain updated records of loan applications
- Follow up with clients about loan renewals
- Monitor progress of existing loans
Credit Officer Requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a credit officer.
- Excellent knowledge of loan application procedures and best lending practices according to laws and regulations.
- Ability to work with loan management software
- Strong communication skills and proven customer service experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong ethical behaviour and the ability to work with sensitive financial information.