Contractor Job Description
We are seeking a dedicated, hardworking contractor to deliver exceptional quality work alongside a team of highly-skilled professionals in both commercial and residential settings.
- Assess project and layout specifications, cost estimates, and timelines
- Write up proposals and estimates for potential clients
- See that all necessary permits are acquired prior to completing any work
- Responsible for project oversight, ensuring quality work is completed on time
- Source and vet subcontractors to provide necessary services
- Source all necessary materials ensuring quality and price point are as promised
- Provide all necessary equipment, including rentals, for projects to remain on schedule
- Recruit all necessary laborers and crew members for project
- Ensure that all inspections are scheduled and conducted in a timely fashion
- Work to maintain project budget, communicating status to the client regularly
- Maintain a safe and orderly work environment
- Provide consistent, regular project updates to crew and clients
- Demonstrate a vast general knowledge of construction best practices
- At least 5 years experience in construction.
- Relevant license and bonds.
- Strong business and communication skills.
- Project Management courses would be beneficial.
- Experience using project management software.