Collections officer Job Description
[Company Name] are looking for a collections officer to assist with the collection of outstanding debts and reduce company losses by encouraging customers to pay their overdue bills.
- Reviewing the company debtor list.
- Find and contact clients to ask about their overdue payments
- Take actions to encourage timely debt payments
- Process payments and refunds
- Resolve billing and customer credit issues
- Update account status records and collection efforts
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status
- Instituting legal action when customers fail to pay their debt.
- Responding to customer queries.
- Contacting lawyers and insurance agencies to facilitate payments.
- Proven experience as a Collection Specialist or similar role
- Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Comfortable working with targets
- Patience and ability to manage stress
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Skilled in negotiation
- Problem-solving skills