Cloud Engineer Job Description
We are looking for an experienced cloud engineer to work with our engineering team to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions.
As a cloud engineer, you should be able to identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our clients and maintain cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company security policies.
Cloud Engineer Responsibilities:
- Working with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Training teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed.
- Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineer team.
- Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
Cloud Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in computer science or a similar field.
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of cloud computing.
- Experience with CI/CD systems.
- Experience with SysOps.
- Azure, AWS, and GCP certifications preferred.
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Client management skills.