Claims Assessor Job Description
We are looking to hire a Claims Assessor to join our team. As a Claims Assessor, you will be responsible for reviewing and processing insurance claims. This will involve investigating the claim, assessing the damages, and then either approving or denying the claim.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have strong attention to detail and excellent customer service skills.
- Uncovering fraudulent claims
- Assisting underwriters and insurance agents investigate claims
- Developing and maintaining a strong understanding of insurance policies and legal issues
- Inputting claims into the computer system accurately
- Suspending claims that require further investigation in order to resolve them appropriately
- Responding to all relevant incoming correspondence and queries
- Protecting the interest of the insurance company when dealing with claimants.
- Educated to GCSE level, or equivalent
- Previous experience as a claims assessor
- Strong customer service skills essential
- Previous experience in a customer contact role
- Effective questioning and listening skills, with the ability to quickly assimilate and retain detailed information
- Computer literate (MS Office) with keyboard skills and the ability to use a database
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills