Civil Engineer Job Description
We are looking for an experienced, driven civil engineer with a sound subject knowledge of mathematics and physics to identify and solve engineering problems.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate ideas, make recommendations, and negotiate project details with their team, subcontractors, and clients.
Civil Engineer Responsibilities:
- Manage, design, develop, create and maintain small-scale through to large-scale construction projects
- Conduct on site investigations and analyse data
- Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications
- Assess potential risks, materials and costs
- Monitor progress and compile reports in project status
- Manage budget and purchase equipment/materials
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required
Civil Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in civil engineering or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of industry knowledge
- Familiarity with design software, such as Autodesk, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and MicroStation.
- Knowledge of map creation software and photo imaging software.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a high level of accuracy in calculations and design.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.