Chief Information Security Officer Job Description
We are looking for a highly motivated chief information security officer to develop and implement a comprehensive information security strategy for our company.
As chief information security officer, you should have a comprehensive knowledge of possible IT security risks and mitigate them.
Chief Information Security Officer Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program
- Work directly with the business units to facilitate risk assessment and risk management processes
- Develop and enhance an information security management framework
- Understand and interact with related disciplines through committees to ensure the consistent application of policies and standards across all technology projects, systems and services
- Provide leadership to the enterprise's information security organization
- Partner with business stakeholders across the company to raise awareness of risk management concerns
- Assist with the overall business technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems
Chief Information Security Officer Requirements:
- Degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field. An MBA is preferable.
- A minimum of seven years' experience in risk management, information security, or programming.
- An exceptional understanding of scripting and source code programming languages, such as C#, C++, .NET, and Java.
- Knowledge of information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001 and NIST.
- Excellent understanding of current legislation and regulations relevant to our organization.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills.