Charge Nurse Job Description
We are seeking a motivated charge nurse with excellent leadership and communication skills. As a charge nurse, you will aid and care for patients, supervise nursing staff, offer guidance and support, maintain a clean and safe working environment, and ensure that all operational tasks are completed efficiently and on time.
Charge Nurse Responsibilities
- Managing the nursing care of all patients in the department or ward during their shift
- Delegating the nursing tasks between the Nurses working in the unit and coordinating with the Doctors when they need nursing assistance
- Monitoring patients’ conditions and responding appropriately if there are changes in the patients’ conditions
- Supervising the Nursing Aides in the completion of their allocated tasks and advising them or improvements they can make
- Detecting any issues that could injure or cause difficulty for staff or patients
- Informing Doctors of changes in patients’ condition, progress or medicinal needs
Charge Nurse Requirements
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse.
- Further certification may be required.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Compassionate with sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and medical software systems.
- Ability to handle stress and work shifts.