Building Surveyor Job Description
We are looking to hire a skilled building surveyor to advise clients on property construction and design. As a building surveyor, you will be required to meet with clients to assess the state of a building and advise on construction costs, adaptive designs, historic value, and energy efficiency.
Building Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Undertaking on-site property surveys
- Producing detailed reports and recommendations
- Identifying defects and advising on remedial works
- Offering advice on proposed alterations, improvements and extensions
- Preparing budgets and schedules
- Advising on environmental and safety issues
- Meeting with clients and contractors to oversee progress
- Offering advice in relation to legal and planning issues
- Working on-site and in an office.
Building Surveyor Requirements:
- High-level knowledge of geography, mathematics, land studies, and economics.
- Proficient with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to translate simple ideas into architectural concepts.
- Ability to travel.
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions.
Advanced project management skills