Building Inspector Job Description
[company name] are looking to hire a qualified Building Inspector to conduct inspections before, during, and after construction to ensure that the building and construction site complies with safety, structural, and building code regulations.
Building Inspector Responsibilities:
- Produce detailed measurements showing a project meets given specifications and applicable building codes
- Notify supervisors of any anomalies or discrepancies that relate to the building, equipment and anything else with predetermined guidelines
- Record and organize all findings and include a detailed description of the methods and instruments used to collect data
- Create detailed comparisons of the conditions of the different building sections, including discrepancies in color, weight, size and grades of the materials used
- Mark or remove components that are not in accordance with project standards and guidelines, provided the removal does not jeopardize building integrity
- Thoroughly inspect all blueprints, data and manuals to educate yourself and confirm that no planning errors exist in written form
- Maintain records of all test results to be presented to managers or future inspectors
- Write reports as necessary to offer corrective actions when certain materials or fixtures do not meet building standards
Building Inspector Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or building inspection technology.
- Proven work experience as a Building Inspector.
- Knowledge of construction design techniques.
- Knowledge of construction materials, plumbing, electrical systems, heating systems, and sewerage systems.
- Ability to make difficult decisions.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and construction designs.