Budget Manager Job Description Sample Template | Jobibo
We are looking for an experienced Budget Manager to join our team. As a Budget Manager, you will be responsible for developing and managing budgets for our organisation. You will also be responsible for ensuring that our budget is adhered to and that our financial goals are met.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience in budgeting and financial planning. You should also be able to work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines.
Budget Manager Responsibilities:
- Create budget models that are both practical and successful for departments and the whole organisation.
- Analyse financial information (e.g. revenues, expenditures and cash management)
- Review budget requests for approval
- Forecast future budget needs
- Identify variances between actual and budgeted financial results at the end of each reporting period
- Suggest spending improvements that increase profits
- Review the company’s budget for compliance with legal regulations
- Ensure department managers meet budget submission deadlines
Budget Manager Requirements:
- Degree in finance, accounting or a related field
- Proven experience as a budget manager or similar role
- Experience in developing and managing budgets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented and organised
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of a budget manager?
Budget manager jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £30,000. The salary can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills should I look for in the CV of a budget manager?
Here are the top related skills required to be a budget manager; financial planning, forecasting, Excel, analytical skills, and problem-solving.
What other similar job description samples are there for an Account Officer?
Other similar job description samples include; Financial Analyst, Accountant and Auditor.