Budget controller Job Description Template
Our company are looking to hire a Budget controller to track and maintain our company's expenditure. The role will be responsible for ensuring that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported in compliance with relevant regulations and laws. They will also work with other departments to create budgets and ensure that we are staying within our spending limits.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised and have experience working with financial data. They will also be able to spot errors and discrepancies in our records and report them to management.
- Approve transactions and use of funds for departments
- Monitor the status of budget spending/activity by reviewing financial reports.
- Analyse financial information to ensure all operations are within budget
- Present annual budgets to senior managers
- Review budget requests for approval
- Forecast future budget needs
- Suggest spending improvements that increase profits
- Review the company’s budget for compliance with legal regulations
- Ensure department managers meet budget submission deadline
- Degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Proven experience as a budget controller or similar role
- Solid understanding of financial accounting and forecasting techniques
- Familiarity with budgeting software and MS Office applications
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Highly organised with the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong leadership qualities
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of a Budget controller?
Budget controller jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £47,500 per annum. However, salaries can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills are required to be a Budget controller?
Some of the skills required to be a Budget controller include; financial accounting and forecasting techniques, budgeting software and MS Office applications, analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy, communication and interpersonal abilities, and the ability to meet deadlines.
What other related job descriptions are there to a Budget controller?
Other similar job description samples to a Budget controller are; Financial controller and Finance manager