Budget Analyst Job Description Template
Our company are looking to hire a Budget Analyst to help us with our financial planning. As a Budget Analyst, you will be responsible for researching and analyzing financial data, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience with financial planning and analysis.
- Monitor spending to ensure it remains within budget.
- Review budget proposals and funding requests
- Submit budget recommendations for approval or rejection of funding requests
- Help identify financial or operating risks associated with the execution of the contract or project.
- Collaborates with executives and project managers to develop a budget.
- Oversee expenditure and identify trends in spending
- Create forecasts for future budget needs
- Provide project summary status reports to management as required or requested.
- Previous working experience as a budget analyst for 3 years
- In-depth knowledge of budgeting and all relevant legal rules and regulations
- Outstanding mathematical and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of data analysis and various forecasting methods
- Excelent communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- MA in accounting, finance, business or similar relevant field
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the average salary of a Budget Analyst?
Budget Analyst jobs advertised on Jobibo have an average salary of £41,500 per annum. However, salaries can vary depending on experience and location.
What skills are required to be a Budget Analyst?
Some of the skills required to be a Budget Analyst include; financial planning and analysis, mathematical skills, critical thinking, data analysis, forecasting methods and Excel.
What other related job descriptions are there to a Budget Analyst?
Other similar job description samples to a Budget Analyst are; Business Analyst and Financial Analyst